Sunday 22 March 2009

Alone in the Dark is annoying, go get Bourne Conspiracy...

Well, this is the second blog. I suppose I'll start with the main thing I've been doing this week which is completing The Bourne Conspiracy. I finally got 1000 Gamerscore from it and it was really not that bad of a game. I like the way that it split up the third person shooter and brawlet parts of the game, it made it really enjoyable. The shooting was not as good as anything like Gears of War and the fighting wasn't as good as some other games but I thought it was well thought out, especially for a movie game. At least I think it's a movie game, I don't pay attention to movies so I wouldn't really know. For all the Gamerscore Whores out there that are reading this (all zero of you :P) I recommend you get it. I'd recommend that you rent it though if you have a service like LoveFilm or GameFly since the game is quite short. But if you do find it cheap, I'd say around £10-15 (about $20-$25), buy it. Overall I think that it deserves a 7/10, I would have given it an 8 but there are these pointless collectibles that you have to find to get all of the gamerscore. There are 75 passports to find in this game and no I'm not joking, 75 passports. I mean what could you possibly do with 75 passports? I didn't really see them add anything to the game since I didn't bother checking the extras but if I'm going to be collecting 75 passports then at least make it noticeable in game what I'm getting for it. Maybe a new gun? Unlimited ammo? I think something like that would be nice. Then again perhaps I'm just complaining too much, I did get a good amount of gamerscore for collecting all of the passports.

The next game I started was Alone in the Dark which I can tell you that I absolutely hate the achievements for. The reason I say this is because I think the guide I'm using doesn't go into enough detail about what to do to get the achievements. For instance in chapter 2 it told me that I would get most of the combination achievements and after being a while into the chapter I hadn't gotten a single one. The next thing was shooting the humanz fissure, apparently I need a flame bullet to do this. The achievement guide I was using mentioned this, yet even though the road map I was using said to do the achievement near the start of chapter 2 it failed to tell me where to find a flame bullet. The video guide the road map linked to also didn't pick up anything to make a flame bullet which really annoyed and confused me. So what I've decided to do with this game is to just leave it and send it back to LoveFilm, buy it cheap and take my time with it. Complicated but seemingly quick achievements is what this game seems to be, for now though I want something with fast and easy gamerscore.

I didn't mention last week that I was going for Seriously in Gears of War 1, so far since I started counting I have 4,757 kills. I'm sure the leaderboards won't give me my achievement at 10,000 so I've decided that if I only count the kills myself then I'll know when I should have 10,000.

An update about the Buku games that I'm trying to do with Chaossaturn. It appears I'm not able to download the Mexican version of the game yet. Not sure how people in the UK leaderboard did this.

Finally, DizzyChaos. I got almost double the gamerscore he got this week, he got 510 and I got 992. If this keeps up then I'll be able to eventually beat him. Cabela's Big Game Hunter should be here from LoveFilm tomorrow, I'm looking forward to getting the gamerscore out of that.

Thanks for reading, bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment