Tuesday 14 July 2009

RIP: The World's Greatest Game Shop

I didn't think I'd ever make this blog, I didn't think that I'd have to. But sadly I do as it seems that the greatest shop to ever exist has today shut down. Game Exchange was much better than Game, Gamestation, Cex, Blockbuster and all the other small shops that sold games. Game Exchange's owner actually knew knew what he was talking about, a person who actually played a wide variety of games, rare or common, new and old. Perhaps the most unique thing was the fact that the owner played games inside the shop itself. I have many memories of this shop, it's been there since I was a kid. I remember buying Final Fantasy VII from there for £18.95 preowned which was great, I had been looking for it for a long time. I remember seeing the owner play Final Fantasy VIII before I had it. The best memories were boosting gamerscore and playing games inside the shop. I remember in the days when Phantasy Star Episodes I&II were released for the Gamecube. He played it non stop for months, my character in the game was barely level 100 by the time his was level 200. The amount of times we got gamerscore together too. Recently co-oping Terminator: Salvation. I'm going to miss Game Exchange, it was such a great shop. Good bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment