Tuesday 15 February 2011

Fast and the Furious: Adrenaline and Forza Motorsport 2

Two games completed this week, Fast and the Furious: Adrenaline and Forza Motorsport 2.

Fast and the Furious for WP7 wasn't a terrible game, in was fun but did have its flaws. For example, I would be racing through a track and then all of a sudden my phone goes to sleep. Yeah, I could probably change this in the settings of the phone but it's a hassle. The game can't tell that you're playing a game and doesn't know not to turn off. To solve this, since the tilt controls seemed to be the problem I decided to choose another option of controls. At that point, the game became unplayable and I had no choice but to go back to tilt controls. The game also has a nitro button, which I could also potentially use to solve the problem, but sometimes the phone just went to sleep anyway. So as a result, I decided I'd pause the game every 30 seconds in a race and despite losing some immersion I finally finished the game like this. So overall, I do not recommend this game unless of course you're looking for an easy 200 because this game is that. I'll give it a 3.5/10.

Next was Forza 2 which I have been doing for a very long time. Finally, thanks to some help from some friends I got the 1,000,000 online credits achievement. I don't know how many times I raced 75 laps on the Nissan Speedway, but I strangely didn't mind it. For some reason I didn't mind the repetitiveness of the game either, racing the same tracks with different cars. Don't get me wrong, this game has a good amount of tracks but given how long it takes to get the achievements it does get repetitive. You'll have to complete every race in the game and there are loads of them. I haven't played this in a while other than for the online achievement so I can't really say how long, but it is long. It's a fun racing game though and if you like racing games, then I recommend this one. I'll give it a 8/10.

Thanks for reading, bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment