Tuesday 1 February 2011

Flowerz, Monopoly and Megamind

Wow, three games completed this week. I finished Flowerz and Monopoly on the WP7 and Megamind on the 360.

Flowerz is the game you can download for free if you have a Windows Phone 7. If you want the 200 from it, be prepared to spend a long time playing it. Sure, I was mainly playing it whilst on the train which is quite a short journey for me but I've been consistently playing it since November. There's this one achievement "Clean Slate" which is pretty much a luck achievement. Every morning and afternoon, I'd turn on the game and just go for that achievement, clearing the board of flowers in Standard and Expert difficulty. In Standard this is very easy to do, but once you get to expert it's another thing entirely. Basically, if you haven't played flowers the idea is to make rows of three of a certain flower colour on the board. You can place these flowers anywhere where there is a space. For example you could place three reds next to each other and then they would disappear. Unfortunately, it gets more complicated when you have colours inside colours. For example, the petals could be red and the middle part of the flower could be blue. This time, if you line up three reds, the one with a blue middle will turn blue. So the problem with this achievement was that almost all the time there would be at least a few flowers left on the board. I'd advise anyone going for this achievement to look ahead with their moves using the flower meter at the top which tells you what's coming next. Planning your moves is essential for this achievement and like most guides say, it is best done in the early levels. I'd say specifically the first three as more colours are introduced after that. If you think you're doing well though, don't just stop at level 4 as it's still possible to do. Overall I'd say this was a fun game, though with amount I played it for consistently it did get a little boring and repetitive at times. If you have a Windows Phone 7 or are getting one, this is a must download, even if I only say this because it's free. I'll give it a 6/10.

Monopoly was next for my completions and this was an easy one. There was only one achievement which gave me some trouble and that was "Globe Trotter". The thing with this one is that, like the first 360 retail game you have to land on every property on the board - or as those who say it's glitched will tell you, every space on the board. It's not hard, but it does take a bit of time. You should just set up a game for 2 people and have player 1 buy every property. Well, actually have player 1 bid $1 on the property so that they win it. At the inevitable point where player 2 gets low on money, just trade most of player 1's money to player 2. This way the game keeps going and eventually that achievement will unlock. Overall, I'd say that this game is a good port of Monopoly although I absolutely hate the music, I had the sound off the entire time. It's quick and easy achievements, I'll give it a 5.5/10.

Finally, the last game was Megamind. This game has to be one of the simplest 1000's that I have ever obtained from a game. While it might not quite be as quick as avatar, this game isn't terrible and takes under 5 hours to complete. There isn't much to it other than to make sure you don't die on a boss and to complete a level without dying, it's just so easy. It's definitely a rent though, I feel sorry for anyone who brought it, it's too short for that. Overall, I'll give it a 6.5/10.

Thanks for reading, bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment